May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day...

By His love and power controlling all I do and say

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

wedding season!

so this saturday will be my 5th weddding to go to this summer! My cousin Will and his bride amanda will be getting married in Dallas! so exciting to be going to Dallas to visit family and SMU! I'm getting super pumped. I also get to road trip with my brother so this will be interesting :)

So many friends are getting married and I am so excited to be able to share with them on their special days! Sitting in the congregation at a wedding a couple of weeks ago it was in a state of awe. Weddings are not only beautiful and fun, but weddings really are our adoption into His kingdom. We begin as two, but end as one. He takes upon our identity and our sin and we take the status of his bride! I get all the benefits as a child of God, none being deserved. It's humbling!

My favorite thing to do in a wedding ceremony is to glance at the groom right before his bride walks down the aisle with her daddy. Its a sweet and tender moment. Smiles are radiant and the verse of Jesus I Thy cross have take...

Soul, then know thy full salvation; rise o’er sin and fear and care
Joy o find in every station, something still to do or bear.
Think what Spirit dwells within thee, think what Father’s smiles are thine,
Think that Jesus died to win thee, child of heaven, canst thou repine.

A love so radiant and perfect! Hallelujah! What a great God who loves perfectly and wholly!

No comments:

Post a Comment