May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day...

By His love and power controlling all I do and say

Saturday, August 14, 2010

hello there!

so an update from the last time i posted...i moved to campus! i'm sitting in my aunt and uncle's house just outside of dallas and i will be moving into my little apartment tomorrow! the last 3 weeks have been like a whirlwind and i still don't even know what happened and how i got here.
I'll start getting back from RUF training in July. So the monday after training I had to take my last final of college, i definitely skipped two weeks of class this summer for trainings! oops..but my professor was super gracious and understanding that I was preparing for a a big kid job. soo took the final and made a B in the class overall which is amazing. i felt like a total slacker all summer, but the work got done and i am now a college graduate!!
So my objective after my final was support raising. I really wanted to be the campus before classes started, i was aiming to leave the 2nd weekend of august. The Lord continued to love and provide for me during this summer. The month of July, people were incredibly giving and gracious with their money. This still just blows my mind how people gave of their limited funds to support me. Having dear friends and family members just show me Christ's love by praying for me and encouraging me during a humbling time! It shows me how ceaselessly we are loved.
I can truly say that this summer I have tasted of His goodness to me in such a way that I would have never learned unless I was put into this situation. So another way the Lord is amazing is to teach me and grow me and prepare me for the next two years! He began teaching me the day I got my placement and really beforehand too. I am seeing now how intricately His plan for my life has come to this moment.
Sorry for the little tagent, so the days after training were filled with time with friends, family, writing notes, reading, phone calls, emails, trips to New Orleans for a little R and R with some fellow interns! But my last few weeks have been busy. For some reason I didn't really think that moving from 3 states away would be that big of a deal...and it really wasn't--until i opened my storage unit. When i filled it up the month before it didn't seem like too much stuff...oh no! no ma'am---as soon as i opened the unit door my stuff had reproduced to even more stuff. My dad, his brave soul for moving me this weekend! but he just smirked and said, " Gee, grayson do you have enough stuff?"
But some sweet friends help me load up the truck before i left town! Our trek to Dallas went like this...left early Friday morning from Birmingham, AL...drove to Hattiesburg, from Hburg to Jackson, MS and stayed with my sweet precious granddies. Left this morning for Dallas--7 and half hours later. So over all 13 hours of driving to get me here! But i am here!! i will be moving into a garage apartment behind a sweet family who happens to live RIGHT next to campus! totally within walking distance. How awesome! The Lord has just provided in such ways that I know only He could provide. My timing would have been different (of course!) but He has brought me here! Thank the Lord for his abundance of blessings these past few months!

Just one last plug, still have about $3,000 to raise before I make it to 100% for my RUF budget. If you have ever thought about wanting to give or would like to support me prayfully and financially, please contact me or you can go to www.ruf.org/support and do it online!!

God is so good
-Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment