May the mind of Christ my Savior live in me from day to day...

By His love and power controlling all I do and say

Saturday, June 19, 2010

the rubber hits the road

So i just sat down with my grandparents and for 2 hours we discussed potential donors from their friends! i can only say how much i appreciate their willingness and they way they are serving me through assisting me this way! I love them dearly, but goodness I am now realizing that time is really of the essence. It's a week out of coming back from my first RUF training and there is still so much work left to do before the end of July.

I just started this blog and will hopefully stick with this! My desire is keep people in touch with my ministry and what is going on!

Quick note on training:
-it was a wonderful week, i met many fellow interns who can already tell will be dear friends! we had a fun time talking, kareoking!, and just having a good time!
-it was an overwhelming week of information, but boy did i need to know and hear all of it!
-i met reality. This summer will be difficult and extremely humbling. But if this is the Lord's call for me, which I do believe it is, He alone will bring in the money. John Stone said, Jesus already has the money, it's His, but i need to go ask and find it!
-I will need prayer, so much!
-I have the best job for the next 2 years, it's my job to grow in grace and understanding of my Lord Jesus Christ. And from spiritual overflow, that's how i will serve the campus of SMU. If my life is not being saturated by His gospel daily, how can i serve students? I will be doing it on fumes and very limitingly. How good is it to serve a God who loves limitlessly!

So prayer requests are:
-confidence to approach individuals and churches
-a servant's heart as I work this summer on raising support and prayer support
-diligence as i still have 1 more class, that i will do my work as a student
-that the Lord will be preparing community already over in Dallas!

No comments:

Post a Comment